So this past summer, Kyle & I took a 10 day trip to the south and road tripped around a few states. We flew out of the Atlantic City Airport to Atlanta, GA, where our trip began. We rented a car (a mini coop to be exact ;) ) and we toured around Atlanta for two nights. Two things: 1. traffic 2. JENI'S ICE CREAM. For those of you who know me, know how much I just LOVE ice cream. So much so that I am constantly on the search for the best in any area I go to. Jeni's has to be my favorite to date. I can't even explain how good it is but if ever you're around Atlanta, you MUST try it out.
Here are my recommendations for Atlanta:
- Georgia Aquarium: I'm not even a huge fan of aquariums but we visited the largest one in the whole U.S. and it was worth it.
- Atlanta BeltLine: I always think one of the best way to explore a new city is on a bike. I'd recommend renting them and riding them on the belt line while admiring the views of the city.
- Centennial Park: We walked around Centennial Park right around the same time the Summer 2016 Olympics was ending, so it was pretty cool to see where the Olympics was held in 1996.
- Favorite Coffee: Octane (iced mocha, nitro iced coffee, or vanilla latte)
- Favorite Brunch: Ria's Bluebird (shrimp & grits and buttermilk pancakes w/ caramelized bananas)
- Farorite Bar: Ormsby's (full bocce court downstairs ;) )
- Favorite Dinner: Fox Bros. Bar-B-Q (everything plate & jalapeño cornbread w/ honey butter)
- Favorite Dessert: Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream (trio: dark chocolate, salted caramel, intelligentsia black espresso)
- Wildcard: Oyster Happy Hour at The Optimist (Chef's Choice 13 for $13)